Monday, August 1, 2011

Cookie Misadventures

Today, I woke up and decided that I would achieve the impossible.......make a batch of cookies. In the past, this daring endeavor has resulted in:
a). Something on fire
b). Cookie soup
c). low self-esteem
Even though I have failed countless times, I really believed that this time would be different. What’s the definition of insanity again? Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results? Not only do I lack cookie abilities, but I am going insane too. Awesome.

I found a recipe, got all my supplies laid out, and dug my hands in. Half an hour and one messy kitchen later, the dough was done and cooking in the oven. At this point I was feeling pretty good, starting to actually believe that I was capable of this. But then, out of the blue, this terrible feeling overcame me. Wanting to make this moment as dramatic as possible, I slowly turned around to see a forgotten cup of baking soda on the counter.

With a gasp, I turned to the oven to see my cookies melted into, yup, cookie soup. Again.

Through much time and professionally made cookies, I have come to terms with the fact that I, Sam, can never pursue baker as a career choice.

Is that really the end of the world?
-Scatterbrain Sam


1 comment:

T.Barnes said...

Great post Sam! I can't tell you how many times I have done that exact thing when baking. But take heart - you will get to a point when you finally make the perfect batch of cookies and you will never look back again!!